Free Accredited Training Opportunities from the Skills Network
Norfolk & Waveney Integrated Care Board (ICB) have partnered with The Skills Network to offer staff access to free training and qualifications. Our ambition is to help staff to build upon existing skills and knowledge that will be useful at work and in their personal life. The range of courses includes: Mental Health Awareness, Understanding Behaviour that Challenges and Customer Services.
- You will access the course online and at a time that suits you over a 8-12 week period.
- Some learners take less time then this, and some learners will request an extension. You can take it at your own pace!
- You will have a dedicated tutor on hand to support you as and when you need it.
- This course will be free to you, it’s funded by the Adult Education Budget *however, please note if you sign up for a course, and do not complete this you will be expected to pay a £100 withdrawal fee** If there are exceptional circumstances which means you need to delay or withdraw from the course you just need to speak to your tutor or someone from the skills network as soon as possible and you will not be expected to pay this fee.
- You can complete up to 4 courses per year
Top Five Courses
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems – This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop their awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems, as well as gain an awareness of how to work and interact with individuals with these conditions, for either personal or professional reasons
- Level 2 certificate in cleaning knowledge and skills – this course is suitable for anyone with an interest in the processes of cleaning, both domestically and professionally. Gaining an understanding of the basic principles of cleanliness, hygiene and waste management will allow you to make informed cleaning decisions and enable you to open the doors to a new career or progress within a current role.
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care – Have you ever considered how you might contribute to the care of vulnerable adults in society? This course prepares you for any role within adult social care, in order to ensure the needs of vulnerable people continue to be met.
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Administration – Have you got what it takes to provide the crucial everyday support that organisations need to run their business, meet their targets and be successful? Well, this qualification provides you with a thorough understanding of all the aspects of a business administration role, which could enable you to progress within a business environment.
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Mental Health Care Worker – This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of mental health and mental health issues, the principles of the mental health care worker, approaches to care and management and the duty of care in adult health and social care, and change and support in relation to mental health.
- Improving Service User Experience in Health and Social Care – This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of customer service in health and social care, effective communication and team work in health and social care settings and the needs of customers who access health and social care services
- Where do I sign up?
- You will find three categories ‘volunteers’, ‘staff’, and ‘work experience’ – please select the one relevant for you and you will be directed to the list of courses
- Select your course and apply
- Your online application will require you to provide a form of ID and your national insurance number
- Section: Intro to the Skills Network Courses – (VIDEO from skills network)