What’s the Offer?
- The Looking After You Too (LAYT) coaching is a one to one wellbeing support offer for BAME NHS workforce in the NHS (clinical and non-clinical).
- The LAYT coaching is confidential and free, within a safe and psychological space. No details are shared with employers and the coaches are employed independently of the NHS.
- The coaching service is provided by trained BAME coaches to help you develop practical strategies to manage and maintain your health and wellbeing.
- It can provide you with space to deal with difficult conversations and build resilience.
What is Coaching?
What is Coaching?
- Coaching is the practice of partnering with coaches in a thought-provoking and creative process that supports and inspires them to maximise their personal and professional potential.
- Coaches offer their clients a supportive and motivating environment to explore what they want in life and how they might achieve their aspirations and fulfil their needs.
- Research has shown that coaching can provide huge personal benefits to coachees, particularly at times of change. Coaching can facilitate goal attainment, enhance psychological and subjective well-being and resilience, while reducing depression, stress, or anxiety.
- Common benefits people experience from coaching include:
- Direction and focus
- Increased effectiveness
- Stronger motivation and confidence
- Increased resourcefulness
- Improved wellbeing
How do Coaching session work?
- Coaching sessions are available via phone or video call, seven days a week, at a time that suits you.
- The first session will last up to 45 minutes.
- Subsequent sessions will be dependent on the conversation between you and your coach.
- Your coach might signpost you on to further support if they think this might be helpful.
- You may receive follow-up emails to support you in maintaining your wellness once your coaching sessions have finished.