Deciding which role is right for me
There are so many options out there. How can you choose a career path that’s right for your skills and interests? A career you can enjoy and do well in? We’ve put together some links and information for you to have a look at to help you decide.
Think about who you are, what you’re good at and what you enjoy. This will help you choose career ideas that match your skills and interests.
Making the right career choice for you
When it comes to making a career choice, there are several exercises you can do to help make a decision:
- The values exercise helps you identify your work-related values to help you set career goals.
- The SWOT analysis helps you identify the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats associated with the roles you are considering.
- The life-line exercise helps you review significant decisions you have made in the past to help you make decisions about your future career.
- The factors exercise helps you compare a variety of roles you are considering and identify what factors of a job are most important to you.
- The pros and cons exercise helps you weigh up the positives and negatives of a particular job option.
- The force field exercise helps you identify the forces for and against a career option.